The Tennyson CommunitySign InGet involved with Tennyson. Not a member? Join Today!

Report A Problem

As a treatment center, we are required to forward all reports of suspected child abuse or neglect to a social services agency. Do not make a report of suspected child abuse via e-mail. If you suspect child abuse or neglect, it should be reported to your local law enforcement agency, social services agency or child protective services. 

Report Abuse in Colorado

Everyone in the community plays a role in the prevention of child abuse and neglect. Colorado has one toll-free phone number to report child abuse and neglect 24/7, 365 days a year. Please call the Colorado Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline at 1-844-CO-4-KIDS (1-844-264-5437) to report concerns about a child’s safety and well-being. All calls are confidential and will be routed to the county where a child resides. If it is an emergency or you are witnessing a child in a life-threatening situation, call 911 immediately.

You may also contact the county in which the activity is taking place. If you do not know what county you need please call the Colorado Department of Human Services at 1-844-264-5437. 


Outside Colorado

If it is an emergency, call your local police department. They can ensure the immediate safety of a child and get medical attention if needed. Call your state or local child abuse hotline.

If you are unsure how to report, contact Childhelp USA® National Child Abuse Hotline by telephone at
1-800-4-A-CHILD® or through their website at for information about how to report in your community.


  • Suspicion of abuse is all that is necessary to file a report
  • Your information can be given anonymously
  • You will be asked to describe your concerns about the child and it will be helpful if you can provide:
  • the child's name, age, address, gender, school attended (if possible), and names of parents.